Tuesday 9 April 2013

Skirt-a-Day Sewing: Create 28 Skirts for a Unique Look Every Day by Nicole Smith.








Description

Design a skirt for every day of the week! With these 28 irresistible projects, you'll learn all the techniques you need to custom-design and sew fabulous skirts that fit you perfectly. Smith shows you how to draft a pattern for a custom fit and then alter that pattern into one of four basic silhouettes: wrap, straight, flared, and high-waisted. Each skirt can then be easily redesigned into seven distinct and delicious looks--one for each day of the week. These projects are suitable for everyone, including beginners.

UK Release date is the 26th June 2013
RRP £13.99


192 pages of loveliness, sewing has become quiet a passion for me over the last few years so when I was given the opportunity to review this book I jumped at the chance.  All the instruction are plain and simple, very easy to understand.  Ideal for the beginner and for the more experienced, the layouts are good, plenty of pictures and diagrams to help you on your way to making some nice skirts.

I give this book 5 STARS

Yes I have pre-ordered this book with Amazon, it's OK looking at a book on the computer or my kindle but when it comes to craft books there's nothing like paper pages :-)



1 comment:

  1. I'm the same with cook books, I get them on my kindle but if I use recipes a lot I have to buy them in book form.
    I would love to learn to sew I just never got the hang of it. I would love to make cushions, curtains that sort of thing.

    ReplyDelete